Monday, August 6, 2012

Wedge-Tastic.

Let's just say that I did some shopping this weekend - like the "out everyday for at least a couple of hours" kind of shopping. I'm not complaining, but one result of weight-loss is that you need to buy new clothes. This is definitely a pro because (duh) you get to fill your closet with new items. But it's also a con - because all of these items can put a very big dent in your bank account!

One thing I did score this weekend was an amazing deal on a very versatile wedge sandal. Quite unexpected, I found this pair on sale at Akira and immediately fell in love! I've been looking for a wedge for a while, but they seemed to avail me. Given that this pair was just my size, and a color I would wear well into the Fall season, is a sign that shoe shopping should be a spontaneous event for me!

Wedges are a great item to have in your closet. Although they can be quite fashion-forward, the standard is a classic piece for any wardrobe. A pro of this shoe is that they are actually quite comfortable since they lend support to your entire foot while still extending the leg (like a super-heel!). In fact, one of my favorite reality TV stars and fashion stylists Rachel Zoe is known for wearing them almost daily.

Clearly they are also appropriate for toting around your toddler ;o)


My Chinese Laundry/Akira score!

As I am sure you can tell, my shopping philosophy is that you don't need to spend a lot to look fabulous. I call it the 'looking like a million bucks while spending a hundred' approach. So, I have scoured some fo my favorite sites for some amazing wedges that can be worn now and throughout the year - all for $50 or less - so that you too can find yourself a perfect pair!


'Call it Spring' Mugla Wedge in Teal - $50.00


Michael Antonio Adrian Black Wedge - $49.00

Forever 21 Wedge Booties in Plum - $22.80

Asos Paramount Pointed Wedge in Grey/Yellow - $49.71

Alloy Andrea Wedge - $29.90


Happy Shopping!

No comments: