Monday, July 16, 2012

Neon done Right.

I recently went to a concert and was bomabrded by neon. It might have had something to do with the band since Neon Trees were the headliner, but I must say that the sheer amount of 80s-like fashion was assaulting from all sides of the venue.

Teens dressed head-to-toe in spandex, high-top Nike sneakers, heavy-metal rock t-shirts complete with fringe and neon-accented acrylic nails were REALLY just a few of the instances that transported me back to my elementary school days. 
 

Aside from being a little disturbed that the decade of my childhood was back in full swing, I realize that there are some redeeming qualities to this trend. It's a great way to add a pop of color to your wardrobe for summer, as long as it's done in a tasteful way. And like any trend, you can easily inject it into your look without spending a lot of money. Follow my advice and you should be ok: You do NOT want to look like you just stepped out of 1982. 
 

So, here are some ideas of ways to add neon to your fashion mix, while still keeping it classy. Also, most of these items clock in around $40 or less, so it's fairly inexpensive to take advantage. I'm particularly fond of the flats, bracelet and of course, my look from a couple of weeks ago!

Happy Shopping!

 























No comments: