Wednesday, January 30, 2008

What to Do - What to Do...

It’s been a while – and while I always start these things with the best intentions, life seems to interfere. I realized this morning that the only thing I’ve started and finished in life is keeping a toe ring on my left foot for almost ten years – and I don’t know if that was a good decision or one that will come back to haunt me with a foot issue one day.

I’ve also taken on a freelance job. It’s something really simple and easy – but more time consuming that I originally thought it would be. It’s also not as creative as I hoped, but for now, it’s extra money. And that money, my friends, is MUCH needed right now. You would think a salaried position in the third biggest city in the country would be well enough to pay for all that I would like out of my life right now, but sadly, that’s not the case.

I’m contemplating signing up for a triathlon as well – I’ve never in my life been the athletic type, but I think it might just give me the push to work towards a goal and possibly get in the best shape of my life. What I need to decide now is whether I think I can accomplish this and if I want to put forth the effort in training over the next 5 months. I have one week left to figure it all out.

And speaking of figuring things out, I think I can safely say that I am deep into my quarterlife crisis. How perfect is that at the age of 25? I’m reading a book about it right now – not knowing if it’s helping or just reaffirming the fact that I don’t know what the hell I am doing – where is the sign that will lead me to what I am destined for?

No comments: