Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Music and Mom.

It might have been a couple of weeks ago now, but I just had to post some pictures from the ultimate in mother-daughter bonding, Jason Mraz at Northerly Island. I've been a huge fan of his for quite some time now, and though I have always loved music, he truly formed my taste and love for deep lyrics with his acoustic show at Schubas in 2006. I've been listening to "I'm Yours" ever since it was released as a demo in 2004, and have turned my Mom on to him over the past year. We share many an interest, she and I, and now we share music too! I'm so glad I got to experience this with her and she had an amazing time. We also got to be a part of the filming for Jason's upcoming concert DVD, which was an experience in and of it's own! Needless to say, the warm summer air, Lake Michigan breeze and Jason's melodies of peace, love and acceptance made for one memorable night. Here are some pictures for your enjoyment.

The beautiful Chicago skyline sunset from our seats.


Mom and I at the show.


Jason on stage playing "Ray of Sunshine."

No comments: